The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years and it goes into effect May 25th.
Crate.io takes data protection very seriously. We started work months ago to make sure we are compliant with the GDPR and to improve our data handling processes all around.
Here's what we've been up to so far:
- We hired a data protection lawyer and GDPR specialist to check to work with us from start to finish.
- We performed full evaluation of our internal processes and produced a list of improvements to make.
- Renewing our Privacy Shield.
- We’ve changed the way we make contact with you, our community, and customers.
- We’ve ensured that 3rd party software and communication tools we use internally are Privacy Shield-listed and that the companies behind them take data protection as seriously as we do. This includes products like G Suite, Trello, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, SurveyMonkey, Salesforce.com, Marketo, and others.
- We introduced new internal policies that cover the use of personal data on mobile devices, the proper and timely deletion of personal data, and proper access limitations on it.
If you already get news from us on a regular basis, you will soon receive a notice requesting you to update your data and your communication preferences.
Our work on data protection and privacy will not stop at simply ensuring regulatory compliance. We are committed to continuously improving the ways we collect, use, protect, and allow you to control your personal data.
If you have any questions, about data protection or privacy, please contact us. We are happy to answer your questions.