There are multiple ways to import data in CrateDB. Depending on whether you're using CrateDB Cloud or CrateDB Self-managed, they are different options to consider:
- Import from URL (CrateDB Cloud only)
- By specifying a source URL, data format, and compression.
- CSV, JSON, and Parquet files with Gzip compression.
- Import from file (CrateDB Cloud only)
- CSV, JSON, and Parquet formats.
- Manual import through queries, from the Admin UI
- INSERT commands
INSERT INTO customer_data (customerid,gender,profession) SELECT 3000,'Male','Software Engineer';
- COPY FROM cvs/json lines/gzip
COPY customer_data FROM '/tmp/Customers.csv' RETURN SUMMARY;
Inserting and Querying Data
Timestamp: 15:40 – 24:30